Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Those Awful Rice Cake Things

     Page Seventy-Four.
     Today's blog is short. I have a bad cold and I really don't feel like writing.
     Have you ever wondered how to dress up those awful rice cake things? I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Rice cakes are little rounds of crunchy air. How anybody can eat rice cakes and then claim they don't like tofu is beyond me. (And you'd figure that both items would be eaten by the same market.) They have the same taste. Rice cakes are simply crispier than tofu.
     But anyhow, I've discovered one thing which tastes great on rice cakes: lemon curd. That is such a wonderful snack; it's like manna from heaven. The next time you think of it while your grocery shopping, purchase some plain rice cakes and a jar of lemon curd. Bring it home and apply one to the other. You'll be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment