Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Springing A New Dish On The Family

     Page Seventy-Eight.
     I've been bored lately with cooking the same old stuff for the family I work for. So tomorrow I'm going to try something new. I"m going to make prosciutto wrapped chicken breasts stuffed with fresh mozzarella cheese. Doesn't that sound great? Then, to complete the Italian feel, I'll accompany the chicken with risotto. Both of these things will also be new to the family. Wish me luck.
     I think I can sell these things. The family loves rice. I mean LOVES it. So, if I tell the boys that it's just a particularly flavorful and creamy type of Italian rice (which, of course, it is) they'll try it, and, I think, (I hope) like it. Concerning the chicken, I'm pretty confident that with all the new things I've introduced over the last two and a half years, they'll just see this as one more. I'm very lucky in that they're not stuck in the "we want the same food all the time" cycle. This family, including the three young boys, aren't spoiled in their eating habits. Lord knows, they're picky, but they will try new things.
     And for crying out loud, prosciutto is simply an extraordinarily wonderful Italian salami. Who could say no to that? Then there's the fresh mozzarella. Cheese is a big sell in that family. So again, I think that won't be a problem. And, of course, chicken breasts are the catalyst. The problem, if there is one, will be the combination. Isn't that a common conflict? You have a kid who's perfectly okay with this item and that item and the other item, but if you combine them it's like you're trying to poison them. 
     Sooooo, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment