Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Friday, July 18, 2014

No, I'm Not That Old

     Two Hundred Sixty-Five.
     The other day, I was working in the museum when Harry and Sara walked by. I was their children's babysitter while in my late teens, prior to me being a live-in nanny. This was in the late '70's or early '80's. Sara was walking hand in hand with Jeffrey, her grandson. Mary and Christy are now how ever old they are, early 30's? When I worked with them, they were... well, Mary was a toddler and Christie was a newborn. And now Mary is a mommy herself.
     We all never completely lost track of each other through the years, but those are separate stories. I just looked at Sara and said, "No. This isn't possible."
     She replied, "Yes, it is". 
     I attempted to explain to little Jeffrey that when his mommy was his size, I was her babysitter. He kind of understood. I understand that I'm not that old.

No comments:

Post a Comment