Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Cherry Season

     Page Two Hundred Fifty-Eight.
     It's cherry season. Enjoy this 90 minutes while it lasts. It'll be over before you blink. (Cherry season is 10.23 AM, June 28 - 7.16 PM July 17.)
     Cherries and pepperoni pizza are my two favorite foods. I believe I've mentioned that before. What I do frequently in summertime, cherry season, is make a meal of pizza and then have cherries for dessert. In my previous blog, though, I  mentioned my recently changed eating habits.  I've cut back tremendously on the pizza. So these days, I'm having cherries as a complete meal. Really. A bowl of cherries is dinner. Still not too bad.
     I'm also quite finicky about the variety I purchase. I like the very large, dark type. Those are usually difficult to come by and if I can find them they're tre expensive. This year, my neighborhood discount grocer happens to have them at only 2.29 per pound. A true gift from God.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment