Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I Want To Eat Now!!!

     Page One Hundred-Eight.
     Would you like to know what I want to eat right now?
     I'd like to start with a stack of blueberry pancakes with maple syrup and sausage patties with a couple of scrambled eggs (cooked hard) as my first course. Then, after that's finished, I'll take a cheeseburger (cheddar) topped with tomato, lettuce and grilled onions, some fries and cole slaw. Please leave the entire bottle of ketchup - I'll use a surprisingly large amount. Then after I eat the last fry, I'd like some Chicken Paprikash over wide egg noodles with a large helping of freshly steamed broccoli on the side and a beautiful mesclin salad dressed only in a fine balsamic vinegar. For dessert: Bananas Foster. Thank You Kindly.
     I'm writing this blog on Tuesday afternoon and have been ill with a horrific flu since last Thursday. Thursday was the last time I ate. On Friday my fever was seriously high but it broke by Sunday. In fact, I mostly feel normal now, but I still can't eat. I want to, Lord knows, but after two or three bites of anything, I'm spent. This morning I had one and a half slices of toast with butter and one hour ago for lunch I had one glass of chocolate milk. That's just not enough. And if you saw me you'd know that I can't afford to go too long eating this way. I can afford to loose 7-12 pounds but nothing more. I have two extra inches around my waist, that's it.
     Part of me wants to go to the gym (my home away from home) right now, But I know that if I do, I'll probably collapse from shear exhaustion exacerbated by starvation. I think that for dinner tonight I may prepare some Ramen and see what happens. (On the plus side, perhaps this is the opportunity I need to loose that nagging 7-12 pounds?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment