Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Feeding A Fifteen Year Old - Update

     Page One Hundred-Six.
     I had breakfast this morning with the kid. I was positive he'd stand me up. Boy, was I surprised when he was waiting outside as I drove up at eight. And, I told him so. He admitted that he was surprised too. He'd been up until four playing X-Box, but he set seven different alarm clocks so he'd wake up. Ahhh... the life of a fifteen year old.
     We had a nice chat. He's actually quite able to talk about the situation with his parents. He's an introspective person and that helps. I told him that he has a lot to work through and he'll only harm himself in the long run if he doesn't process the garbage. I think he listened to me. I mean, I think that he listened as much as a fifteen year old is capable of. We'll see.
     He's off to camp next Monday and is excited about that. Then, when he returns, he's going to live with the middle brother who'll be an over-achieving college junior in the autumn. The kid also told me a bit more about his oldest brother who's a real mess. Son #1 was on a national TV trash talk show once for being a real piece of work. That's what a disaster he is. He's currently in a locked treatment center. I wish him luck. It's possible to come back from that level of sewer, but it ain't easy. Shem told me that he's chosen to not speak with this brother in over a year now. He has no use for him at all. This, coming from the mouth of a fifteen year old.
     By the way, apparently, Shem is a very strong student. He's in honors classes. He was very impressed when I told him that my second B.A. was in Art History. He said that he studied it last year and it was killer. I told him that's what everybody says. People who don't know better, think that they're going to look at pretty pictures all day long. Little do they know that they're actually going to study history to a ridiculous degree all day long. It is killer.
     This crew's future won't be dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment