Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

One Stinky Ice Cream Bar

     Page Ninety-Two.
     Question: What's more unhappy than biting into an ice cream bar only to discover that it stinks?
     Answer: Nothing... absolutely nothing.
     I recently purchased a new brand of ice cream bar. It was vanilla dipped in dark chocolate, my favorite. On the box it had all the key words: smooth, silky, vanilla-bean ice cream; rich, intense, velvety dark chocolate, and so on and so forth. I purchased this particular brand 'cause I knew it and trusted it. Also, it was a good price. (Hey... that always helps.) So, I brought it home and had one. It was a truly traumatic experience. I'm sure I haven't been so disappointed since the Beatles broke up.
     The ice cream was lots of things but smooth and creamy weren't among them. It was icy and crunchy if you can believe that. I'd say that it had melted and then refrozen, but the shape was perfect. So you'd figure if it had melted it would have looked odd, but it didn't. The bar looked perfect, actually. Also, it still had a somewhat soft texture. I just don't know what the problem was. The chocolate was okay, I guess, but it wasn't as thick as I like. But, again, I trust the brand. Maybe somebody at the plant was just having an off day.
     I'm going to take the rest of the box back and then purchase some Dove Bars. They're my favorite. Yum, yum, yum. Tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment