Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Cooking For A Fifteen Year Old Boy - Part Two

     Page Ninety-Eight.
     Just an update...
     I think this job cooking for the fifteen year old kid will be very temporary. (See page ninety-seven for the full story.) He's extraordinarily angry and takes everything he has out on his guardian, my friend Deb. This includes the food. So, even if he tells her that he wants Chipotle for dinner, when she brings him some, he'll throw it out. Literally. So, I'm in a loose-loose situation. Thankfully, he didn't take any of his anger out on me yesterday, and did actually eat some of the dinner I made him (steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli, salad, bread/butter.) He was also somewhat gracious to me. But he certainly expressed no interest in spending time in the kitchen learning how to cook.
     He's going away to summer camp in four weeks. So we'll see if my job lasts that long. When he gets back, he's going to move in with his big brother who's their next door neighbor. Deb told me that his brother won't take any of his attitude at all and that the kid has no idea what he's in for. Deb is also going to sign over custody to the brother. I told her that when the kid wakes up in six years, he'll realize all she's done for him, as most twenty-one year olds do. She told me that she understands that. But in the meantime, he's bringing her to tears, daily, with his words and attitude. She was crying when I left yesterday.
     With all my nanny experience, I have first hand knowledge of the fact that typical fifteen year olds are little monsters. Combine that normal teen phase with what this kid has gone through and you end up with one horribly unhappy child. I hope and pray that he recuperates from all he's been through and is able to live a satisfying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment