Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Cooking For A Fifteen Year Old - Part Three

     Page Ninety-Nine.
     Well, the kid, Shem, has begun to warm up to me. Yesterday when I was over cooking, he started out by mostly ignoring me. But by the time dinner was ready and he was eating, he was really quite talkative.We carried on about this and that, computer games and other incredibly important matters for, perhaps, half an hour. Turns out the kid's a champion gamer. He's won tournaments and so forth. While talking, he was very animated; he smiled and laughed occasionally. It was really a very nice chat. He's quite personable and warm after all. Who knew?
     He was also particularly nice to his guardian, my friend Deb, last evening. He asked her how her day was. He hasn't done that in months; she was shocked. So, she subsequently phoned me this morning and asked me to add another day per week. I'll add Fridays. At this rate, I won't be surprised if we somehow figure out a way to keep me on board after the kid gets back from summer camp and moves in with his brother. In a situation like this, when you find a puzzle piece which apparently works, you don''t remove it. That's just my gut feeling. We'll see.
     This Friday, I'll make him Beef Stroganoff  for dinner and a turkey, lettuce and tomato for Saturday lunch. I really hope he makes it in life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment