Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Neighbors - A Movie Review

     Page Two Hundred Thirty-Six.
     I recently went to see the movie, Neighbors. Boy was I disappointed. It got a 76 on Rotten Tomatoes and according to the reviews I though for sure that it would make me laugh hysterically. It didn't.
     First off, let me say that it's very easy to make me laugh. The only things which are difficult for me to sit through are stupid or dumb humor (Green Acres, Gomer Pyle USMC) or humor based in miscommunication or misunderstanding (Three's Company). Otherwise, I thought that I could sit through any comedy and enjoy it. Now, at this stage in life, I'm discovering a third genre of comedy which grates on my nerves: vengeance, revenge or spite based comedy. Guess what? The plot of the movie Neighbors is based completely on this highly unattractive human emotion. There were some funny concepts, don't get me wrong, but I kept waiting for the hysteria to start and it never did. Too bad. And I like Seth Rogen and Zack Efron too. I give this move a 3/10.  

No comments:

Post a Comment