Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A T-Shirt/Food Truck?

     Page Two Hundred Thirty-Seven.
     I have a very good friend, Gabe, who's attempting to start up a new business. He's a t-shirt designer/printer who wants to expand and sell his wares out of his own food truck which will park at arts festivals around Cleveland. He's working on his business plan right now and hopes to have investments from established local restaurants who will in turn have him sell their t-shirts (which are also his designs). Besides t-shirts he'll sell coffee, pastries from local joints and my soup (I'd also be doing his blog and some PR). He's joining forces with "Cleveland Is My Paris" a concept I've written about before in this blog and which has been mentioned in The New York Ties. Additionally, he wants to align himself with other Cleveland travel destination services so he can be a part of the quickly growing Cleveland tourism industry.
     Luke, the creator of Cleve/Paris and Gabe are good friends and if Gabe can bring him in, which he thinks he can, this would be fantastic. It's extremely original and the truck would start rolling in spring '15. In the meantime, Gabe (26) and Christen (25) are getting married in a few months, so he has his hands full. Youthful optimism is always entertaining and if this comes to fruition it could mean some actual money for everyone involved. I wish him luck. (Heck... it could mean a good gig for me down the road. I wouldn't mind.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment