Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Monday, April 14, 2014

People Don't Do Things To Us...

     Page Two Hundred-Nineteen.
      Have you ever heard the saying: "People don't do things to us, they do things for themselves?" There's a lot of truth in that. When I realize that I may not be anywhere in the equation of another's  actions, it makes it a whole lot easier to accept when they've done something which I interpret to be harmful or hurtful to me. And in turn, once I can accept somebody else's actions or words, even when they've impacted me negatively, then I can begin recuperating from them.
     Just because somebody does something, anything, doesn't mean it had anything to do with me. Even if it directly affects me. I'm not the center of anybody else's universe.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment