Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Bad Words - A Movie Review

     Page Two Hundred-Fifteen.
     I recently saw a good movie. Bad Words directed and staring Jason Bateman is a comedy about spelling bees. If you're sensitive to naughty language, DON'T see it 'cause there's a lot of 'em in this movie. However, there's no sentimentality in it. Not easy to find a complete lack of sentimentality in a movie which co-stars children, but they managed. (It's virtually impossible for anything to be too sentimental for me, but I realize most people don't like that.) Overall, it's intelligent, well-acted and good escapist fare. The buddy whom I saw it with thought they dragged out the ending too long but I disagree. I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment