Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dear Readers...

     Page One Hundred Seventy-Seven.
     Dear readers (don't you always get concerned when you read a column in the newspaper which starts that way? But, oh well...) starting soonish you may notice a new tone added to this blog. That's because I'm merging another blog in with this one. My other blog, "The Mystery Of One Self" discusses some of my philosophies of life, God, the universe, gratitude, hope and all manner of things which make the world an easier place to live in. That blog is only a few months old but already has a devoted, albeit small, regular readership. I'm simply too busy to work on two blogs. Look, I can barely get three of these blogs written per week, let alone six once the other blog is included. Too much is too much.
     As it is, this blog was supposed to be primarily about my experiences with food, children and food combined with children. But, I've already strayed from those topics so much it just makes my head spin. I mean really, what's with all this crap about Cleveland, Ohio anyhow? (I just really love my town, Cleveland, and find it an endlessly fascinating thing to discuss.) And, the Cleveland Museum of Art??? (By the way, have you been there yet? I saw the newest galleries two days ago. Mind-boggling, just mind-boggling.) So adding my thoughts about God is only the next step in the evolution of this blog. Plus the fact, I've discussed God with almost all the children I've nannied over the years. They have tons of questions about Her and those questions really inspire a lot of contemplation. Children want to know.
     The other thing you'll notice about those blog entries is my inclusion of photo illustrations which seemingly appear to have nothing to do with anything. Pretty flowers, amazing buildings, beautiful people, gorgeous snowstorms, etc are included alongside those God-thoughts. Those pretty pictures simply illustrate God's handiworks in all their infinite varieties. (Can anybody honestly tell me that God didn't spend just a little bit extra time on Elizabeth Taylor's face and body?)
     The address for the other blog is www.mysteryofoneself.blogspot.com if you'd like to get a sneak preview. Being new, it's only about 20 or so pages long. Thanks for reading. I truly appreciate it.
French Actor, Sami Frey circa mid-1960's

No comments:

Post a Comment