Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Superbowl Meal

     Page One Hundred Eighty-Three.
       Superbowl Sunday is in a couple of days. I'll probably watch the game with my Indian roommate in tow. Superbowl Sunday is the #1 pizza day in America, literally. But I'm so sick of pizza after my pizza party last week that I'm boycotting it for a little while. I'm thinking of making homemade chicken pot pie. It's neither fast nor easy but it is tasty. However, as mentioned prior in this blog, my roommate's biggest complaint about American food is it's lack of spicyness. Well, chicken pot pie pretty much epitomizes that. However, mine is extra flavorful, I'm proud to declare. So, perhaps he'll like it.
                                                                         **********
     My favorite Superbowl memory dates to the mid-90's. A very close friend, Meryl, phoned me at the Star Spangled Banner and we stayed on the phone through the entire game. I hadn't spent that much time on the phone since those wacky teenage years. But it was too fun. It was like having a close friend over, but without the clean-up when they leave. Also, I was able to watch TV in my underwear. Always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment