Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Weight Reduction Diet. Update #3

     Page One Hundred Fifty-Six.
     I think that I've plateaued where my weight-loss is concerned. I'm down a solid 17 pounds or so. That's only eight away from what I wanted to loose. This is since mid-July and the problem is that my weight has diminished by ounces, not pounds, in about the last five or six weeks. So, I lost pretty consistently and seriously for about eight or ten weeks. Then slowed tremendously.
     In that time, I've gone from a 33-34 waist to a 31-32 waist. I am happy with that. Don't get me wrong. All the trousers I've purchased in the last ten years are now either way too big, loose or fit beautifully. And as of last week, my favorite pants from the 1990's, purchased in 1997, do fit. (Deep gray; silk-wool-mohair mix; sharkskin.) I can get them up, tuck in a white undershirt and clasp them closed. But they're still too snug to also tuck in a dress shirt. I didn't even try. Additionally last week, I tried on my favorite pants from the 1980's, purchased in 1983. (White; cotton; awesome 80's styling.) I got them all the way up for the first time in a while. But, there's no way I can currently zip, then button, them. Just ain't gonna happen.
     If I loose another 3/4" around my waist I'll enjoy the 1997 pants again, no problemo. Then another 3/4" after that will get those gosh darn 1983 trousers back into daily, summer rotation.
     So, can a 52 year old male somehow get from a 31-32" waist to a 30" waist? Who knows? I'm not giving up. That's all I'll say.
     Maybe more sit-ups?
     Maybe more jogging?
     Maybe more protein supplements?
     Maybe more prunes?
     Maybe fewer hot pretzels?
I'm Not Quite There Yet...

1 comment:

  1. I got to a point of similar frustration a couple months ago. Nothing had changed related to my exercise or diet, yet my clothes weren't fitting as well. If you are so inclined, look up "Callanetics" on, say, Amazon. I purchased the "Super Callanetics" DVD and started to see noticeable results after just a few sessions.

    ReplyDelete