Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Friday, November 22, 2013

A Holiday Sweet Treats Party

     Page One Hundred Sixty-Five.
     And so it begins. The holiday season is here and with it parties, presents, rushing, decorations, frustration and tons of ridiculous food, little of which is healthy.
     In a couple of weeks, I'll be having a holiday gathering which will hopefully be pleasant and not too big. Here's my theme. I'm going to make all the real food and I've asked my guests to bring the crap. I figure most people have one holiday sweet specialty they make every year. Why shouldn't there be a party devoted to those home-made goodies? I'm sure others have done this type of thing before. With luck it'll work.
     I'll make beef tenderloin with French bread for sandwiches, chicken pot pie, ribs, mac 'n cheese, vegan rice & beans, cole slaw and a tray of fresh, raw veggies. Then, there will also be dishes of dried fruit strewn about. Plus, of course, bowls of nuts. This menu is very eclectic and might adjust, but you see the direction I'm heading. (Understand, my friends are of the "wide range" variety.) I'm also thinking of buying a couple boxes of Ho-Hos and Twinkies just for the fun of it.
     I know that home-made Russian tea biscuits will probably show up. There will also be the typical variety of home-grown cookies, date-nut bars, lemon bars, berry and pumpkin pies, chocolate cake and Lord only knows what else. Somebody may bring fresh pralines. Wouldn't that be great?
     This party will be in two weeks. If I start cooking tonight, it should all be ready by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment