Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Archie The Dog

     Page One Hundred Thirty.
     Today I started a new dog-sitting job. It's my first time with this dog, a basset hound, and I'll be here for the next twenty-three days. Archie's parents are hiking around Germany and Italy. Archie seems like a rather spoiled but easy going dog. He has a dog walker come in a few times a week plus he goes to doggie day care twice a week; this in spite of the fact that both parents are retired and home, a lot. In short, this dog's social life is more active than mine. (And people claim I'm busy.)
     The fun part of this job will be eating all the vegetables from the garden: yellow grape tomatoes, roma tomatoes, beefsteaks, Swiss chard, and basil. I'm going to eat at a friend's house this weekend and bringing a salad. (She's buying a pizza. But I told her I'll only eat about one centimeter of it as I'm still on my diet.) I think I'll saute some mushrooms, onions and red pepper and mix it with copious amounts of raw tomatoes then add some blue cheese, freshly chopped basil and drizzle on some balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I'll serve that on a bed of greens including the Swiss chard. Yum, yum, yum.    

No comments:

Post a Comment