Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

On Loosing A Few Pounds - Update #1

     Page One Hundred Twenty-One.
     Just an update on my weight reduction diet...
     It's now been 33 days and I've lost a solid ten pounds, which is evident. I was very concerned about the wedding a couple days ago and how could I possibly stay on a diet at a festival like that? (You know... the wedding with the accompanying memorial the day prior which I catered? See blogs #120, 118, 109). In fact, I didn't even bother to stay on the diet at a banquet. Why torture myself? So I ate pretty much everything. I just didn't overeat. Who knew that was possible? And then, the next day, I simply went back to my dieting habits.
     What'll also be tough is the Feast of the Assumption which is this coming weekend. I've mentioned the Feast before in this blog: see page#190.  I've already decided that I'll go down and only get a piece of Old Church Lady Pizza a couple times during the course of the four days. I won't get anything else. No Elephant ears, no cavatelli, no kettle corn, no ravioli, no cotton candy... just homemade pizza. Come to think of it, I'll save about thirty dollars, too!
     I'd like to loose another twelve pounds. But, we'll see. At the wedding, my niece, who was my date, was really concerned about me loosing another twelve. She believes that I can't afford to loose too much more. Though one or two of my friends have commented that I can. Who knows? Maybe I won't loose that much. I just want to be able to fit into certain trousers that I haven't been able to comfortably squeeze into for a while. The question is: how much of the weight I've put on in the last decade is muscle? And, how will that affect my slithering into old trousers? Lord knows, I can't wear my older suits because I'm broader in the shoulders. I get that. In fact, I've given some of my older suits and jackets away already. But what about trousers?
     In theory, if I can get my waist close to what it was, I should be fine. But, one thing at a time. First loose twelve more pounds. Second, start wearing old, out of style pants. Third, adopt the new eating habits long term. But in the meantime, six more weeks of the diet; I still say that I'm rarely starving though. thankfully.
     The real irony is that right now two people owe me fancy dinners. My niece owes me one because I gave her a free haircut a month ago. And one of my buddies owes me dinner me 'cause I helped him move a few weeks ago and refused to let him pay me. I can't wait for that tasty food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment