Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

What Casey Kasem Gave Me

     Page Two Hundred Fifty-One.
     I found myself feeling very sad over the loss of Mr. Kasem. I listened to his show every week when I was younger and learned a lot from it.
     Some people consider me to have an unnatural knowledge of entertainment trivia from the 1910's-1990's. Much of that was inspired by listening to the weekly countdown each Sunday. Casey's show inspired me to want more information than just the obvious. And not only that, but that desire was okay.
     Contemporary American culture sometimes teaches that it's uncool to know history and it's effects on today. The AT40 taught the the opposite. Thanks Casey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment