Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lars And The Real Girl - A Movie Review

     Page Two Hundred Fifty-Three.
     I recently watched Lars And The Real Girl again and it's a really great movie. I don't know why Ryan Gosling wasn't nominated for an Oscar for playing the title role, though he was nominated for a Golden Globe. 
     This tender comedy-drama came out in 2007 and I saw it in the theater, then liked it so much that I purchased it. In a nutshell, this is the story of a 27 year old loner who's so desperate for female companionship that he humanizes a love-doll and treats her like a real person. To humor him, the other townsfolk treat her as human too.
     This is a very upbeat, quirky, easy to overlook comedy. But it would brighten any dark day. Caveat: if you're uncomfortable with movies about serious mental illness, skip this flick.
I give it a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment