Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Friday, November 23, 2012

My New Blog

     Having a fabulous time. Wish you were here!
     No.
     It was 7.30 am on a cold burgundy-hued November morning, 1961. A curly-haired, pouty-lipped, Jewish boy-baby was delivered at Cleveland Clinic and immediately started instructing the labor and delivery nurses on the fine art of Thanksgiving table decor.
     No. (But getting closer.)
     Welcome to my new Blog.
     YEAH!!! THAT"S IT!!! YEAH!!!
     Yes indeedy, welcome to my new blog. This blog, as you can tell by it's title is all about how to cook children, my experiences a a nanny (specifically a male nanny) and  other such oddities which cross my path.    
     Also, expect some information concerning my Youtube cooking videos. Those videos, "How To Cook Children*" were begun in June of 2012 and were created after much positive response from friends and colleagues to my two television appearances on a local Cleveland TV show back in the autumn of 2010. At the time of this writing, my videos are not yet posted, though a half dozen are completed. I'm waiting for a little while to post because I want to have gobs and gobs in the can and then post many simultaneously. I feel that taken singularly, the concept is difficult, if not impossible to ascertain. In groups, the concept will emerge.
     Also, expect some behind the scenes stories concerning the videos, i.e. the stories behind them. But mostly in this blog you'll read about how "I Was A Male Nanny" the new, 1939 horror movie from Universal starring Johnny Depp as me, Jeremy Gutow. You'll see the fright in his eyes as he's invited to move in with a family of five: Dad, Mom, big brother age 11 and twin boys age 8 and attempt to feed and care for the kids while attending college full time. Or, watch Johnny outdo his "Nightmare on Elm Street" terror as I (he) gets a job as a private chef/nanny (many years after college) to two high school girls who are quite pleasant but their live-in uncle has GASP! ASPBURGERS!!! NO!!! HELP ME!!! NO!!!! SAVE ME... SAVE ME!!! (All in all, I've actually worked for 10 households as nanny/chef/elder-care provider.) Only the Lord knows how many stories I can tell after a few decades in this career. (Now that I think about it, perhaps I'll include the occasional elder-care story as well.)
     Soooooo... Hopefully you'll be entertained by this little spot, tell your friends and have an occasional good laugh together. Expect a few entries per week. Bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. I was reading this chronologically backward, so now I'm starting at the beginning. I love your writing!!

    ReplyDelete