Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Burger King - A Review

     Page Two Hundred Seventy-Nine.
     I recently went to Burger King for a quick bite. I hadn't eaten fast food in over a year. Let me tell you about it.
     I ordered a basic, little burger, plus I asked for tomatoes, lots of 'em and lettuce, lots of it. Additionally, I purchased a small order of French Fries. I wanted a cup of water too, but that would have cost me one dollar and we're talking water from the sink here. On principle, I decided against the $1.00 tap water. My bill came to almost $3.75. They charged me .15 for the extra tomato and .10 for the extra lettuce.
     The burger was exactly what I remembered: small and cardboardy on a mushy bun. There was one very small slice of tomato and one small leaf of lettuce, plus, of course, the ketchup, pickle and so forth. The fries were slightly stale and weren't very hot. Also, there were fewer fries in the pack than there used to be. The best part of the meal was the ketchup. (I love ketchup.) 
     It was a very poor value, particularly in a restaurant chain which plays up value as one of it's assets. The quality was also very low. American fast food has been losing market share for the last few years and the company executives wonder why. In one article I read a couple days ago, the writer declared that Americans are finally waking up to the fact that fast food just doesn't taste very good and it's not worth the money. How true... how true.
     My rating 2/10.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment