Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Dieting While Attending The Feast Of The Assumption - How I Did

     Page One Hundred Twenty-Six.
     Per one of my blogs last week, I was determined to attend the feast and still remain on my weight reduction diet. So... how did I do?
     Okay. I attended three times: Thursday mid-late afternoon; Saturday evening and late Sunday night for the fireworks. 
     Thursday: I deeply soul-enjoyed the one slice of sausage pizza which I purchased. However, afterwards I was still hungry and didn't have the defenses in place to protect myself from the Devil's wares. I purchased a small order of fries (which was huge) but was only able to eat about 1/3 or so before I was full. Then just prior to leaving I bought a pound of cinnamon pralines, but ate none while walking. Later that night, I ate about 1/2 ounce.
     Friday: ate about 1 more ounce of the pralines.
     Saturday: no pralines that day. At the feast had one more slice of pizza. An hour later purchased one single meatball. Then got a lemonade.
     Sunday: no pralines at all. At the feast had one more slice of pizza. An hour later purchased one single meatball. Then got a lemonade. Enjoyed the stunning fireworks.
     So, I'm moderately pleased with my performance. (But, I'm stuck with almost a pound of the Devil's pralines on my kitchen shelf. Do you want them? I'll mail them to you. Seriously.)
     On Saturday, in the middle of this whole thing, I got some good news. At my gym they tested my percentage of body fat. The preferred fat content of gentlemen my age should be 22% or below. I'm at 21.6%. This is with a loss of ten pounds, ten to go. If you ever hear me complaining about my fat, tell me to be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment