Jeremy Gutow is a Cleveland-based male nanny and private chef. He also manages a beauty salon.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

On Selling Matzo Ball Soup At An Art Opening

     Page One Hundred Eighty-Seven.
     Last night, I was a vendor at an art opening at one of our local colleges. For the past 10 years or so, I've helped out in an organizational capacity at this annual affair. Also, in the past I've handed out my food as free samples at the event. The college has always reimbursed me for the cost of supplies and I get wonderful exposure. This year they suggested that enough people know me by now that I should try to sell my stuff. So I showed up with soup in hand. Lots of soup to be exact. Being February in Cleveland, can you think of anything better? I ended up selling 11 & 1/2 quarts of my homemade Matzo Ball soup... a virtual sell out. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment